TU means “you” in Spanish, TU is your tequila, everyone’s tequila.
Let us tell you a little more about the tequila in each bottle of TU Tequila, your tequila!
The beginning of all tequila is the heart (piña) of the Blue Weber agave plant.
TU Tequila agaves average between 8 and 10 years old, it takes them this many seasons to reach peak sweetness and sugar content. What makes TU Tequila agaves unique is the fact that half of the agaves we use are grown in the highlands of Jalisco and the other half comes from the lowlands, or valley. This combination brings out the best of both worlds in terms of spices and floral notes characteristic of each region. We like to think of it as the “The best of both worlds for your tequila”.
Once TU Tequila agaves arrive at the distillery located in Tequila, Mexico, they fall under the care of master distiller Ing. Agustin Sanchez who has been crafting tequila for 35 years.
The first step Agustin takes in the distillery is cook the TU Tequila agaves for up to 48 hours. Now, most other tequilas are cooked in autoclaves, which are large steam ovens. The high end premium tequilas can be cooked in hornos, or brick ovens. Each oven has its own advantages, so TU Tequila here again chose “The best of both worlds for your tequila”. Half of TU Tequila agaves are cooked in autoclaves, and the other half in hornos!
These cooked TU Tequila agaves are then shredded on molinos to extract their juice which is then poured into 30,000-liter stainless steel tanks for fermentation. We let the natural yeasts work on our juice for about 48 hours to give them more than enough time to turn the sugar into alcohol. We like to call this TU Wort!
TU Wort is now finally ready for distillation. In this all important phase, we did not choose the “best of both worlds” and had half distilled in a small batch alembic still and the other half in a continuous column still. We chose to use only the small batch alembic still, or otherwise referred to as a pot still. Why, well, the slower the distillation, the richer and fuller the flavor becomes. It takes 5 hours to distil one 5,000-liter batch, and then we do it again as we double distil. The column still can do this much faster, but returns a much more neutral flavor tequila.
The various batches of TU Tequila are then blended and stored in stainless steel tanks for a secret period of time to not only homogenize the tequila, but also to allow it to settle.
- Premium Tequila
- » 5 Años
- » Alebrijes
- » Aroma de Mujer
- » Campo Azul Gran Clasico
- » Campo Azul Seria Selecto
- » Corazon De Jalisco
- » Cuestión
- » Don Fabricio
- » Don Fernando
- » El Amo Premium
- » Izqué
- » La Tilica
- » Ley ,925
- » Me Premium
- » Mi Tierra
- » Somonque Extra Premium
- » Titanium
- » Tequila 30-30
- » Tequila TU
- » Tequila Serpiente Emplumada
- » Tequila 29
- » Tequila Feria de Jalisco
- » Tres Sietes
- » Tequila Torus Real
- Mezcal Artesanal
- Mexican Beer
- Mexican Whiskey
- Mezcal 100% Agave
- Age class
- » Oaxaca - Ejutla de Crespo
- » Oaxaca - San Dionisio Ocotepec
- » Oaxaca - San Baltazar Chichicapam
- » San Luis Potosi
- » Highland & Lowland Blend
- » Tequila Valley - Xamay
- » Highlands - Arandas
- » Highlands - Capilla de Guadalupe
- » Highlands - Jesús María
- » Highlands - San Ignacio Cerro Gordo
- » Highlands - Mazamitla
- » Highlands - Pénjamo
- » Highlands - Tepatitlan
- » Tequila Valley (Lowlands)
- » Tequila Valley - Amatitan
- » Tequila Valley - Juanacatlan
- » Tequila Valley - Tequila
- » Tequila Valley - Zappopan
- » To Update
- » Oaxaca - Oaxaca
- » Oaxaca
- » Oaxaca - Coatecas Altas
- » Oaxaca - Miahuatlán de Porfirio Díaz
- » Oaxaca - San Francisco Tutla
- » Oaxaca - Santiago Matatlan
- » Oaxaca - Tlacolula de Matamoros
- » Oaxaca - San Luis del Rio
- » Oaxaca - Yogana
- » Mazatlán
- » AgroIndustria Guadalajara
- » Destiladora del Valle de Tequila
- » Tierra de Agaves
- » Integradora Comercial Ejutla
- » Destiladora Miahuatlán SPR de RL
- » Tequilera La Primavera
- » Premium de Jalisco SA de CV
- » Sabores Intensos S. de R.L. de C.V.
- » Pierde Almas S.A. de C.V.
- » Mezcales con Alma de Oaxaca SPR de RI
- » Mezcal Don Porfirio SA de CV
- » Envasadora La Perla S.A. de C.V.
- » Gruppo Tequilero Weber
- » Destiladora Juanacatlan
- » Tequilera Corralejo, S.A. de C
- » Tequila Alebrijes S.A. de C.V.
- » Tequilera de la Barranca de Amatitan
- » Casa Tequilera de Arandas
- » Hacienda la Capilla
- » Productos Finos de Agave
- » Casa Armando Guillermo Prieto
- » Scorpion Mezcal S.A. de C.V.
- » Casa Corcuera
- » Cerveceria del Pacífico
- » Casa Reyes Barajas
- » Fabrica de Tequila Don Nacho
- » Casa Cuervo, S.A. de C.V.
- » Destilería Xamay S.A. de C.V.
- Barrel type